In this episode of The Country Gent Podcast, we talk to Simon and Kate of Stoneycairn Gundogs.
As full time gundog trainers and pickers up, they give us an insight into what life is like living and breathing all things gundogs.
They were both very generous with their time and knowledge so we managed to cover an awful lot including
- How to select a gundog puppy and what to look for in the advert
- When you should start training
- The pros and cons of the different gundog breeds
- How the training should be tailored to the dog’s personality
- How to approach the first shoot day with your dog
- The difference between training for working and field trials
- Gundog diet
We also discuss what their schedule looks like during the shooting season and how it’s way of life as opposed to a job.
To listen to the Podcast then please visit the Yorkshire Gent Website